Setting Your Rates
Figure out how best to package your services and set rates to optimize your billable time.
About the Course
The Setting Your Rates course helps you answer several questions that are critical to any independent consultant in terms of getting rates in place:
- How billable do I need to be in order to generate the income I need?
- What rates do I need to charge in order to reach those targets?
- What does the marketplace look like?
- What's my unique value proposition to my clients?
- How best should I package my services?
- What pricing structure makes the most sense?
- What should my rate card look like?
In addition to the video-based presentations and demonstrations, you will receive:
- Workbook that you can download and print to guide you through the process
- Tools that you can download and start using, including the Rates & Utilization worksheet and Rate Card template
Gus has been helping organizations improve the capabilities and performance of their leaders and workers for over 20 years. For 15 of those years, he has run his own learning and development consulting practice and has worked with hundreds of client organizations ranging from pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare product companies to brokerage, banks, and insurance companies, from IT startups to long-established telecommunications service providers as well as law firms, retailers, hospital systems, and chemical manufacturers. In that capacity, he has led and collaborated with hundreds of employees, sub-contractors, and vendor-partners to deliver results for clients and their stakeholders.
Gus earned a PhD in Education with a minor in Management as well as an MBA, a BS in Marketing, and a Certified Performance Technologist designation. He has taught Masters-level courses in Instructional Systems Design and Change Management. He frequently delivers live and virtual workshops for leaders at all levels, regularly publishes and presents on these topics, and is a recognized thought leader in the talent development industry.