Consultant Panel on Pricing
Get tips, lessons learned, and insights from our expert panel of experienced consultants.
About the Course
The Consultant Panel course helps you gather ideas, tips, lessons learned, insights, and real-world stories from experienced consultants who've been in the trenches for years and carry the scars to prove it.
Our panelists include:
- Belen Bilgic-Schneider, freelance consultant
- David Manning, Managing Partner, Performance Development Group
- Gary Stewart, freelance consultant
- Jeff Dorman, Gazelles International Certified Coach, JDA International
- Michael Noble, PhD, Chief Learning Officer, Allen Communication
- Paul Schneider, PhD, Senior Vice President, Business Development, dominKnow Inc.
- Rich Waite, MEd, business consultant and sales executive
Here are the main questions we asked our panelists to answer:
- Challenges: When you were first starting out and were being asked for pricing by prospective clients, what were the biggest challenges you had to overcome? How have you overcome them?
- Mistakes: What are the most common mistakes you’ve made or see other consultants make when pricing their projects?
- Proposal-Writing: When responding to a request for proposal (RFP), what are some lessons you’ve learned regarding the writing and/or presenting of your proposal?
- Negotiations: What lessons learned can you share regarding contract negotiations with clients and/or procurement departments?
- Parting Advice: What advice would you have for consultants just starting to build their practice and trying to figure out how to price their services? Or about discussing pricing with clients and prospective clients?
PreviewCourse Introduction (2:00)
PreviewMeet Dr. Michael Noble (0:47)
PreviewMeet Jeff Dorman (0:45)
PreviewMeet Belen Bilgic-Schneider (0:53)
PreviewMeet Dave Manning (2:28)
PreviewMeet Dr. Paul Schneider (1:11)
PreviewMeet Rich Waite (0:35)
PreviewMeet Gary Stewart (0:36)
PreviewMeet John Shaw (1:05)
StartEarly Challenges? | Dave Manning (2:42)
StartEarly Challenges? | Jeff Dorman (1:37)
StartEarly Challenges? | Dr. Michael Noble (2:05)
StartEarly Challenges? | Belen Bilgic-Schneider (2:01)
StartEarly Challenges? | Gary Stewart (1:56)
StartEarly Challenges? | Dr. Paul Schneider (2:17)
StartEarly Challenges? | Rich Waite (1:21)
Gus has been helping organizations improve the capabilities and performance of their leaders and workers for over 20 years. For 15 of those years, he has run his own learning and development consulting practice and has worked with hundreds of client organizations ranging from pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare product companies to brokerage, banks, and insurance companies, from IT startups to long-established telecommunications service providers as well as law firms, retailers, hospital systems, and chemical manufacturers. In that capacity, he has led and collaborated with hundreds of employees, sub-contractors, and vendor-partners to deliver results for clients and their stakeholders.
Gus earned a PhD in Education with a minor in Management as well as an MBA, a BS in Marketing, and a Certified Performance Technologist designation. He has taught Masters-level courses in Instructional Systems Design and Change Management. He frequently delivers live and virtual workshops for leaders at all levels, regularly publishes and presents on these topics, and is a recognized thought leader in the talent development industry.