Client Panel on Pricing
Get insights and advice from business leaders who hire consultants.
About the Course
The Client Panel course helps you see the world from your client's perspective. Watch as these business leaders share their insights and real-world stories from about their experiences with consultants.
Our panelists include:
- Bonnie Bell, Director, Staff Development, Ballard Spahr
- Dan Balzer, Global Capabilities Manager, BP
- John Shaw, Vice President, Customer Success, BravoSolution
- Jim Williams, Director, Talent Development and Organizational Effectiveness, Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Karen Clay Basile, Senior Director, Learning, Tyco University, Tyco
Here are the main questions we asked our panelists to answer:
- Priorities: As you engage in a search for a consultant, what is your mindset? Your priorities?
- Proposal Writing: When reviewing written proposals, what have you seen consultants do well? Do poorly?
- Mistakes: What are some mistakes you’ve seen consultants make when pricing their projects?
- Proposal Presentation: When sitting through vendor proposal presentations, what have you seen consultants do well? Do poorly?
- Criteria: What criteria do you use in selecting a consultant?
- Negotiations: When negotiating with vendors, what have you seen consultants do well? Do poorly?
Gus has been helping organizations improve the capabilities and performance of their leaders and workers for over 20 years. For 15 of those years, he has run his own learning and development consulting practice and has worked with hundreds of client organizations ranging from pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare product companies to brokerage, banks, and insurance companies, from IT startups to long-established telecommunications service providers as well as law firms, retailers, hospital systems, and chemical manufacturers. In that capacity, he has led and collaborated with hundreds of employees, sub-contractors, and vendor-partners to deliver results for clients and their stakeholders.
Gus earned a PhD in Education with a minor in Management as well as an MBA, a BS in Marketing, and a Certified Performance Technologist designation. He has taught Masters-level courses in Instructional Systems Design and Change Management. He frequently delivers live and virtual workshops for leaders at all levels, regularly publishes and presents on these topics, and is a recognized thought leader in the talent development industry.