Establishing Your Budget
Figure out how much revenue you need in order to cover your expenses.
About the Course
The Establishing Your Budget course helps you answer several questions that are critical to any independent consultant:
- How much money do I need to pull out of the business in order to maintain my standard of living?
- If about to launch your practice, what are my startup costs?
- How much revenue do I need to bill in order to cover my business expenses?
- What does my "warning track" look like?
- How do I estimate my future revenue and the value of my sales funnel?
- If I'm not able to generate enough revenue, where could I scale back costs for the business and my household?
In addition to the video-based presentations and demonstrations, you will receive:
- Workbook that you can download and print to guide you through the process
- Tools that you can download and start using, including two budgeting spreadsheets
Gus has been helping organizations improve the capabilities and performance of their leaders and workers for over 20 years. For 15 of those years, he has run his own learning and development consulting practice and has worked with hundreds of client organizations ranging from pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare product companies to brokerage, banks, and insurance companies, from IT startups to long-established telecommunications service providers as well as law firms, retailers, hospital systems, and chemical manufacturers. In that capacity, he has led and collaborated with hundreds of employees, sub-contractors, and vendor-partners to deliver results for clients and their stakeholders.
Gus earned a PhD in Education with a minor in Management as well as an MBA, a BS in Marketing, and a Certified Performance Technologist designation. He has taught Masters-level courses in Instructional Systems Design and Change Management. He frequently delivers live and virtual workshops for leaders at all levels, regularly publishes and presents on these topics, and is a recognized thought leader in the talent development industry.
StartWhat's the NUT you need to crack? (2:53)
StartWhat are your startup costs? (7:51)
StartCreate your "Optimistic" Business Budget (4:36)
StartEstimating Project Revenue (inflows) (10:10)
StartKnow what your Sales Funnel is worth? (18:06)
StartCreate your "Conservative" Business Budget (10:37)
StartKnowledge Check | Establish Your Budget
StartYour Assignment (2:35)